The Account Coordinator (AC) is an essential part of an account team providing important administrative support to ensure a high-level of quality and productivity is maintained for assigned clients. This dynamic professional works in a fast-paced work setting and has the opportunity to learn the craft of public relations on the job working with clients in a number of areas, including travel and hospitality, corporate communications and public affairs. Performs public relations functions including client and media relations, writing and editing, database management, event planning, day-to-day administrative activities and much more. The ideal candidate for this position works well in a team setting and also values a strong desire to learn as part of their professional and personal growth at Anthology.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares communication materials involved in the implementation of public relations programs for clients including, but not limited to, drafting, proofreading and dissemination of correspondence, conference reports, press releases, press kits, media advisories, and media pitches.
- Assists in special projects, event planning and execution, new business assignments, and social/community involvement activities as assigned.
- Assists team in crisis communications situations, as directed.
- Assists in taking photographs and/or video for publications, social media channels, presentations and other communications initiatives.
- Prepares reports for clients including activity and clipping reports, as assigned.
- Responds to client, vendor, and media requests as assigned.
- Prepares conference rooms for meetings.
- Works with interns to provide assignments as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of communication in marketing and public relations.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Strong ability to focus on accuracy, attention-to-detail, and timeliness.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment under supervision and independently.
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Ability to travel off-island.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends if needed.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications or related field.
- High School diploma and three years’ experience in a marketing environment may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Possess high degree of professionalism.
- Strong desire to learn and grow in the public relations/marketing/communications field.
- Internship experience in marketing, public relations, media or related field.
- Experience working with Office 365 and related applications.
- Understanding of Hawaii’s history, culture, and lifestyle.
- Previous experience in advertising and/or event management and public relations.