The Accounting Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day accounting duties involving invoicing/billing, accounts receivable, reconciling project budgets and billable expenses.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Verifies the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Prepares monthly invoicing, including invoice creation/edits, review and transmission within required deadlines.
- Processes client fee and project invoices including tracking/reconciling job costs and reimbursable client expenses; works with department managers to ensure accurate client billing.
- Proactively follows up with clients regarding outstanding invoices, address and billing contact changes.
- Ensures clients are being billed accurately according to contract and fee agreements and that all pass-through expenses are properly billed.
- Analyzes accounts to flag potential issues to senior finance personnel; recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Updates accounting records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements). Enters data into computer accounting system.
- Prepares various accounting documents and reconciliations
- Compiles data and prepares a variety of reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of accounting best practices and techniques.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess professional skills with a positive outlook.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience in an accounting role.
- Strong experience with Excel and Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is an asset.
- Experience with billing system, NetSuite.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.