Assistant Account Executive
The Assistant Account Executive (AAE) will work closely with assigned Account Executive and/or Account Supervisor in directing, coordinating and planning, to ensure a high-level of productivity and efficiency is maintained on all assigned projects. The AAE will be a team player with a “nothing is impossible” approach who will strive to bring new ideas to each project and task. The AAE will forge positive relationships with clients through diligent client service.
Status: Full-time regular, non-exempt
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively coordinates day-to-day tasks of advertising and public relations projects.
- Prepares communication materials involved in the implementation of public relations programs for clients including, but not limited to, drafting, proofreading and dissemination of correspondence, conference reports, press releases, press kits, media advisories, and media pitches.
- Plans and assists in execution of special projects and events.
- Coordinates photo and/or video shoots for publications, social media channels, presentations and other communications initiatives.
- Attends status, project, strategy and planning meetings with internal staff. Prepares and distributes conference/ status reports of the proceedings as applicable.
- Prepares reports for clients including activity and month end reports, as assigned.
- Reviews daily media opportunities and alerts team to pertinent issues/opportunities.
- Responds to client, vendor, and media requests.
- Prepares conference rooms for meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of communication in marketing and public relations.
- Knowledge of the impact and uses of social media.
- Knowledge of digital and traditional marketing techniques
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment under supervision and independently.
- Ability to keep supervisor properly informed.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to respond well under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Journalism or Communications.
- High School diploma and three (3) years’ experience in a marketing environment may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Possess high degree of professionalism.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- One (1) year experience in Marketing/Public Relations.
- Previous experience in advertising and/or event management and public relations.