Assistant Account Executive – Travel/Hospitality and Corporate Public Relations
Seeking a dynamic professional interested in developing strategies and executing campaigns/initiatives for travel/hospitality and corporate clients in a fast-paced work setting. The Assistant Account Executive (AAE) provides key support to assigned client service teams to ensure a high-level of productivity and efficiency is maintained. This professional is responsible for managing functions within client projects/initiatives, including assisting the team with strategic planning, collaborating with industry partners, writing and editing negotiating with suppliers, coordinating budgets and schedules, and planning and implementing special events. The ideal candidate for this position works well in a team setting and also values a strong desire to learn as part of their professional and personal growth at Anthology.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares communication materials involved in the implementation of public relations programs for clients including, but not limited to, drafting, proofreading and dissemination of correspondence, conference reports, press releases, press kits, media advisories, and media pitches.
- Manages design projects and/or prepares content and layouts for publications, such as brochures, newsletters, and magazines.
- Plans and executes special projects and events.
- Assists in new business assignments and social/community involvement activities as assigned.
- Assists team in crisis communications situations, as directed.
- Reviews print, television and online media daily as directed. Clips or copies all client referenced and competitor and related industry news stories. Generates reports and sends immediately to client.
- Coordinates photo and/or video shoots for publications, social media channels, presentations and other communications initiatives.
- Prepares reports for clients including activity and clipping reports, as assigned.
- Manages media and client contact database, including updating contacts, and preparing and maintaining distribution lists.
- Manages and maintains online pressrooms, including uploading news releases and updating client information as directed.
- Reviews daily media opportunities and alerts team to pertinent issues/opportunities.
- Responds to client, vendor, and media requests.
- Prepares conference rooms for meetings.
- Performs general administrative duties to support the account team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of communication in marketing and public relations.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Strong ability to focus on accuracy, attention-to-detail, and timeliness.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment under supervision and independently.
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Ability to travel off-island.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends if needed.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications or related field.
- High School diploma and three years’ experience in a marketing environment may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
- One (1) year experience in marketing, public relations, media or related field.
- Possess high degree of professionalism.
- Strong desire to learn and grow in the public relations/marketing/communications field.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Experience working with Office 365 and related applications.
- Understanding of Hawaii’s history, culture, and lifestyle.
- Experience managing projects and working in a team.