Reporting to the Vice President-Broadcast and supporting the Broadcast Project Manager, the Broadcast Coordinator.
- Prepares and assists Project Manager with estimates for video, radio and still photography production.
- Once the production schedule is created by the PM, transfers the information to the white board calendar and the broadcast computer calendar.
- Assigns and manages purchase orders (client and vendor)
- Manages media and client contact database, including updating contacts, and preparing and maintaining distribution lists.
- Hires production crew after consulting with VP and creative team; hires casting director or secures talent internally, negotiating talent fees with the talent agents, hiring the talent once the creative team and the client sign off. Works with PM in developing Purchase Orders for talent
- Manages all broadcast assets, including props and other inventory.
- Obtains proper permits for shoots.
- Initiate and manage talent wardrobe fittings.
- Organizes and coordinates location scouts.
- Responds to client, vendor, and media requests as assigned.
- Performs general administrative duties to support VP/Broadcast, and the creative and account team.
- Assists in special projects, event planning and execution, new business assignments, and social/community involvement activities as assigned.
- Negotiates usage licenses and renewals (talent, photography, needle drop, stock, etc.)
- Knowledge of Hawaii’s history, culture, and lifestyle.
- Knowledge working with Photoshop, Word, and Excel.
- Knowledge of various project types, including web, mobile, video, brand and strategic consulting.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to respond well under pressure.
- Strong ability to focus on accuracy, attention-to-detail, and timeliness.
- Ability to keep supervisor properly informed.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a collaborative fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to negotiate client & vendor fees, writing estimates and POs.
- High School diploma
- One year experience in a production environment
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Possess high degree of professionalism.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Two years’ production experience.
- Hands-on video editing.
- AICP experience.