Market Research Analyst
The Market Research Analyst is responsible for interpreting both qualitative and quantitative data to identify meaningful insights and produce reports that meet clients’ needs and expectations. This position will work closely with the VP, Director of Research Services and client support team to deliver actionable insights through advanced analytics and reporting.
Reports to: President, Research Group
Status: Full-time regular, exempt.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes both qualitative and quantitative data, synthesizes findings, and formulates strategic recommendations.
- Produces reports and presentations based on data analysis, including narrative reports and PowerPoint decks.
- Participates and contributes in project planning sessions.
- Interacts with client services staff on research projects.
- Reviews editing/coding and data entry work project for quality, consistency.
- Provides support and input into proposed research design.
- Keeps abreast of most recent analytical, statistical and marketing science innovations and trends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High analytical skills, detail oriented with curiosity to uncover trends and insights from data.
- Possess excellent written and visual communications skills.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of question and questionnaire design.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines with demanding quality requirements.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Willing to learn advanced data analysis software (including SPSS) and visual data presentation tools.
Indoor office environment, most commonly desk-oriented work, but may require standing and walking up to 10% of the time. The physical working environment is generally favorable with adequate lighting and temperature levels. May require working in a shared office environment. May require work during evenings and weekends. May require overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Sociology, Psychology, Business, Finance, Marketing, or related field.
- Basic familiarity with SPSS.
- Mid to advanced level of knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as needed
- Practical market research/client experience with applied knowledge of advanced statistical and analytical techniques used in quantitative analysis.