Social Media Specialist
The Social Media specialist is the expert at managing online communities. The specialist will build and execute social media strategy for Anthology clients through competitive research, platform determination, bench marking, messaging and audience identification.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies target users who may be interested in a product or service and details plans and strategies for businesses to reach those users.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive social media strategies that define how social media marketing techniques will be applied to increase visibility and traffic across all of Anthology clients’ brands and products.
- Assists the development of social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement for social media for all participating Anthology clients.
- Stay current on the latest social technology, functionality and integrations to serve as a go-to resource for the client and internal teams alike.
- Prepares communication materials involved in the implementation of social media programs for clients. Writes social posts, program analysis, social media strategy recommendations and other media-related materials.
- Shares strategic recommendations on social platforms, partners, updates based on trends in social listening, the competitive landscape, platform updates, etc.
- Partner with diverse cross-functional teams to provide proactive solutions for creating and activating the highest quality social content that drives business results.
- Crafts recommendations detailing budget scenarios and potential return on investment for each client.
- Writes, edits, publishes and shares content that build meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Moderates all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each client.
- Creates editorial calendars and syndication schedules for each client.
- Defines key performance indicators and implements enterprise level measurements, analytics and reporting methods to gauge success.
- Continuously improves by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices.
- Works with all Anthology departments to explore and identify ways to integrate social media into business and marketing campaigns for all clients.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of communication in marketing and public relations.
- Knowledge of the impact and uses of social media.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to respond well under pressure.
- Strong ability to focus on accuracy, attention-to-detail, and timeliness.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment under supervision and on own
- Ability to keep supervisor properly informed.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Journalism or Communications.
- Prepares communication materials involved in the implementation of public relations programs for clients.
- Writes social posts, program analysis, social media strategy recommendations and other media-related materials.
- Three (3) years’ experience in marketing or comparable industry experience.
- Possesses high degree of professionalism.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel
- Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms including but not limited to Falcon, Sprout, Omniture, Facebook insights, YouTube Insights, Google Analytics.
- Experience with creating and identifying quality social medial content.